Imagine if a boutique hotel and Airbnb had a baby – what you’d get is an aparthotel. In other words, an aparthotel is a lot like a hotel but instead of a boxy room, you’ve got an entire apartment to yourself.
We like to think of it as the best of both worlds – the flexibility, space and comfort of a private apartment, fused with the security and services you’d expect from a hotel. It’s a recipe for the ultimate home away from home (trust us, this is our thing)!
What’s the difference between a hotel and an aparthotel?
We hate to boast but hotels aren’t a patch on us. An aparthotel has everything a typical hotel has, plus so much more.
Yes, you’ve got a 24 hour concierge, daily housekeeping, breakfast on the house, a gym (in our Manchester City Corn Exchange and London Stratford aparthotels) and a communal lounge. But instead of the trouser press (seriously, who uses those?) and pillow chocolate, you’ve got all of this:
- A serviced apartment with a fully-equipped kitchen, and separate living and sleeping areas.
- The privacy of an individual apartment.
- The room and space to make yourself at home and really relax.
- Free washer-dryers just down the hall, saving you from ‘oops’ and ‘ahhs!’ on a daily basis.
- The flexibility and ease to keep up with everyday routines if you want (or just throw the rule book out the window while you’re away, we don’t mind!).
Aparthotel Vs hotel – round one goes to us!
What are the perks of staying in an aparthotel?
We’ve got advantages by the apartment load:
- Aparthotels are always in city centric locations. You’ll be slap-bang in the middle of the action with the whole city right on your doorstep.
- The kitchen and washing facilities mean that aparthotels are the bee’s knees when it comes to longer stays.
- You’ve got the choice to eat in. Order takeaway or cook something up, it’s totally up to you.
- There’s no need to smuggle your drinks in. Who are we to stop you from enjoying your favourite bevvy?
- If you’re staying with the kids, there’ll be no more movie nights in the bathroom – you’ve got a separate living area remember!
- Food allergies and dietary needs are no problem when you’ve got your own kitchen for meal prep.
- You can live however you like, you don’t need to change for us!
Got the gist? We could go on all day!
What’s inside a serviced apartment?
Inside each aparthotel we’ve got plenty of different apartment types so you can pick the one that suits your plans. No matter which you go for, these things come as part of the parcel:
There’s everything but the ingredients: a hob, microwave, dishwasher, sink, pans, utensils, crockery, cutlery, glasses and mugs.
A living space:
Complete with HD TV, comfy chairs or sofas, free Wi-Fi, a phone with free UK calls, a desk, and a dining table and chairs.
We’re pretty sure you know what’s in a bathroom but there’s some extra touches that we’re proud of, like our rain showers, heated floors, and exclusive White Company toiletries.
A sleeping space:
With a king size bed and a ridiculously comfy 2000 sprung mattress, a wardrobe, safe and hairdryer.
And the ‘serviced’ part in serviced apartment just means that we send in housekeeping to give your apartment a once over every day.
What kind of people do aparthotels suit?
The beauty of aparthotels is that we’re one-size-fits-all! But we work particularly well for people who dance to the beat of their own drum.
To give you an idea, these are the kind of people we see the most at Roomzzz:
Aparthotels work for weekends away, romantic city breaks and staycations with friends for all the reasons we’ve already mentioned.
We’ve got fussy eater conquering kitchens, enough room for them to throw their toys out of the pram, and washer-dryers because kids will be kids! Some of our apartments even have extra bedrooms so grown-ups can stay up late without the worry of waking the kids. Or there’s z beds if you’d rather stick together.
We’re a favourite amongst business types, with enough space to fully unwind after a long day of bossing it. Forget the awkward table for one and endless diet destroying meals out, our fully-equipped kitchens are where it’s at. And our laundry facilities are helpful when it comes to packing light.
Aparthotels are the real deal when it comes to long stays. It’s because we’re more flexible than a well-seasoned contortionist you see.
Are aparthotels more expensive than hotels?
Absolutely not! Not at Roomzzz anyway – we’re big believers that you don’t need to spend more to get more. Because aparthotels are a little more ‘self-service’ than a typical hotel, we can keep our prices super competitive. Don’t get us wrong though, there’s still enough friendly faces to make sure your stay is top-notch!
So that’s the ins, outs, back to fronts and upside downs of aparthotels (congrats this is your new Mastermind specialist subject).