Roomzzz Aparthotels will offer visitors to Edinburgh a boutique city living experience in its debut Scottish location inside St James Quarter, opening end of 2022. It will give tourists and business travellers alike the option of a short or long-stay luxury of a short or long-stay luxury serviced apartment in a beautiful city centre location.
Complemented by breath-taking views of one of the UK’s most charming and historic cities, guests will be able to indulge in the premium services of the hotel while still enjoying all of the comforts of being at home.
Complete with 75 stunning apartments fitted with a variety of facilities, modern appliances and remote workspaces to suit the needs of any regular traveller, Roomzzz will have it covered!
Whether it be for business, leisure or pleasure, these stylish apartments will provide that personal touch to your trip to make you feel right at home. Roomzzz will offer a flexible approach to accommodation, with guests able to book in for a night, a week, a month or more for those who just don’t want to leave. The Aparthotel has an onsite Gym, Deli, Car Park and excellent staff facilities.
As the Hotel Manager your job is to make sure that our customers and colleagues are kept safe at all times. As a people leader you will ensure that your team is motivated, engaged and see Roomzzz as a great place to work. Delivering fantastic service so customers have a great stay and want to return.
• To adhere to all company and statutory health & safety requirements.
• To manage the day to day operations of the hotel to maximise revenue and ensure service and product quality are maintained.
• According to business activities and in line with budgeted payroll, to organise the work schedules for the department by definition of task, working relationships, rotas etc.
• To manage induction and skills training of team members.
• To ensure the team is technically efficient, conduct technical training needs as identified.
• To accurately manager all aspects of cash handling, banking and credit card controls.
• To organise and carry out administrative tasks in relation to weekly invoicing, cashing up and updating reporting schedules.
• To manage both guest and account receivable ledgers.
• Responsible for all daily revenue controls, deductions, refunds in accordance with brand policies and procedures.
• To ensure all company equipment is correctly used and maintained.
• To manage the daily Housekeeping contract, in accordance with the service level agreement.
• To ensure the pro-active and re-active maintenance program is maintained, to protect and improve the product delivery.
• The delivery of guest services are professionally and consistently delivered to maximise guest satisfaction.
• To participate in duty management shifts.
• To identify and report local opportunities in terms of revenue and business development.
• To regularly make recommendations on required changes to operating procedures and systems that you feel are necessary for a better guest experience.
• To attend any relevant meetings or training courses as requested.
• To establish and maintain good working relationships with other businesses in the development.
• To be involved and manage relationships with development management company to liaise with and attend meetings as required in relation to how the mixed development is managed.
Additional duties and responsibilities for the opening of the hotel
• The recruitment and training to a high standard of all team members.
• Smooth installation and initial set up of the hotel.
• Smooth and recognised soft opening night for the owners and their family.
• Successful familiarisation trip and corporate day.
• Clear and precise communications established with third party contractors
• All budgeted KPI’s established and normalised by working month three.
• TripAdvisor ranking to be in top 3 by working month six
Excellent customer service skills is essential with the ability to communicate effectively in all forms. Previous experience in a similar role is desirable, minimum of 2 years as a Hotel Manager in a small site or an experienced Assistant Hotel Manager or Operations Manager in a higher occupancy hotel.
Professional but friendly manner and the ability to develop strong working relationships with key stakeholders.
An ability to lead a team and remain calm under pressure. Self-motivation, passionate about hospitality and the Brand is ever so important. Experience of identifying revenue opportunities for improvement. Excellent standard of competency of IT systems; Microsoft packages, Hotel Booking systems.
See just a few of our core values
We look after every guest as if they are a good friend
We take every opportunity to surprise with remarkable service
We believe that delivering quality means doing it right when no one is looking