The first in our series of recipes created by MasterChef’s Chris Hale, let us present to you the humble vegan sausage casserole! It’s quick to whip up and ridiculously tasty – just the thing for when you’re wiped out from a full-on day exploring the city or in need of an easy eat because you’re staying away on business.
You’ll easily find the ingredients in any nearby mini supermarket and, of course, everything else you need is ready and waiting in your apartment’s fully-equipped kitchen (yep, that’s the beauty of staying in an aparthotel!). Now, down to business…
Serves 1 (just multiply to serve more!)
Prep: 5 mins
Cook: 12 mins
- 1 tbsp oil
- 1/2 a red onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled & sliced
- 3 vegan sausages, cut into chunks
- 1 tsp smoked paprika
- 1 clove of garlic, grated
- 1 tin of borlotti beans, drained
- 250g carton of passata
- 1 tbsp vegetable gravy granules
- A handful of spinach
1. Heat the oil in a large saucepan.
2. Add the onions, carrot and sausages and cook for 3 mins.
3. Add the paprika and garlic, stir for 30 seconds and then add the beans and passata. Cook on a medium heat for 5 minutes.
4. Next, add the gravy granules and spinach. And then cook for another 2 mins.
5. Season and serve.
Et voila – a restaurant rivalling meal, cooked up in the comfort of your Roomzzz apartment!